Depressing that some people can’t absorb this concept in life until it’s too late.
A young boy from the Shatila refugee camp in Lebanon.
This is when Leila Khaled makes the trip from Jordan to Shatila Refugee camp in Lebanon. I love this kid.
i am totally and completely and utterly winging this mini board exam. i have no clue what to study so I’m just doing random ass practice exams.
now time to skim through the biochem section of the usmle i guess. and maybe re-read parts of lippincotts for metabolism.
"If the country became a jungle, it doesn’t mean you need to become an animal."
- globally, 77,600,000 girls do not attend school
- there are 33,000,000 fewer girls than boys in primary education
- girls with secondary education are 6 times less likely to be married as children
- a girl with 7 years of schooling in the developing world will have 2.2 fewer children
- a child born to a literate mother is 50% more likely to survive past the age of 5
- two thirds of the 775,000,000 illiterate adults, and 63% of illiterate youth, are female
- literate mothers are twice as likely to immunize their children and send them to school
- a girl who completes basic education is 3 times less likely to contract HIV
- a girl earns 20% more as an adult for every additional year of education she receives
- a nation’s GDP rises an average of 3% when 10% more its girls attend school
- less than 2% of international development funds are specifically allocated to girls
- school is not free in over 50 countries
photos: (1) malala yousafza before addressing the un; (2) joey l. of a school for the hamar tribe in ethiopia; (3) beawiharta in jakarta of students who risk life crossing a collpased bridge to get to school; (4) muhammed muheisen in pakistan; (5) altaf gadri of an unofficial school run for slum dwellers held under a bridge in new delhi; (6) paula bronstein of burmese refugees in thailand at a school in their refugee camp; (7) noah seelam in hyderabad, india; (8) per anders pettersson, uganda; (9) lana slezic in afghanistan; (10) roberto schmidt in afghanistan, where acid attacks and poisoning of water by the taliban is on the increase at schools for girls
#That one time Wizards used psychology instead of magic #And it was 200% effective
|—||Helena Bonham Carter (via oy-vey-iz-mir)|
parrot: Hey cat, hey cat, hey cat, guess what
parrot : *whispers in ear* chicken butt
She once asked me
the name of my
and I replied
and played along
and asked me
which one of his
works was my
I said it was
oh myyy that was beautiful
Wajih Wajdi al-Ramahi, 14 years old, was shot with live bullets in the back by an Israeli sniper in front of his school in al-Jalazun refugee camp near Ramallah on Saturday.. 7/12/2013
الشهيد وجيه الرمحي ١٤ عاماً أصيب برصاص قناص اسرائيلي في ظهره وهو خارج من مدرسته في مخيم الجلزون بالقرب من رام الله.
LOOK AT HIM HE IS THE TEA